RALEIGH AND CARY FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY
North Carolina Annulment or Divorce?
In North Carolina, marriage can be determined void through an annulment. However, for an annulment to be successful, there are certain parameters that must be met:
- The marriage was between relatives who were not legally allowed to be married.
- Consent was not given for the marriage by the parents if the individual was too young to marry without consent.
- Want of will or understanding.
There have been other cases in which marriages have been annulled for reasons such as failure or refusal to consummate the marriage. It is important to review your case with an attorney who has experience in annulment law to properly assist you with your case.
Ready to get started? For sound legal counsel contact our Cary Family Law Office at
Filing for an Annulment
To file annulment in North Carolina, you will need to file in the district court you live in. You will file a “Complaint for Annulment” after which the court will then schedule a hearing. Witnesses and evidence will be brought forth during the hearing in order to show the judge why you deserve an annulment.
In the state of North Carolina, obtaining an annulment is rare. It is important to work with an experienced attorney in annulment law and to ensure your case is handled properly.
Why choose Ammon Nelson Law, PLLC?
- We have over a decade of family law experience*.
- Nominated and awarded “New Parental Defender of the Year” in 2018*
- We are in Good Standing at Avvo
- We have a 4.9 Star Rating on Google
- We are devoted and compassionate legal advocates.
- Wrote “5 Things You Must Know Before Filing For Divorce in North Carolina”
*Ammon Nelson Law, PLLC was established in 2011 in Utah and received permission to practice law in North Carolina in 2021.
For your Raleigh, Cary, and Triangle family law needs, contact us today and schedule a consultation